In celebration of World Read Aloud Day on March 5th, I’m taking part in fellow 12×12′er Marcie Colleen’s Food Fight Challenge.
Visit Marcie’s blog here for all the info:
The Competition Rules
1. Create a post in which you start a story.
2. The story should have a clear setting and at least one clear character.
3. Set the scene. Be creative. It can be anywhere.
4. Write the story up to the moment when a food fight breaks out. And then stop.
You can add to my story below until March 7th (midnight):
1. Read the posted story and all of the comments that precede you.
2. Post your comment.
3. Be sure to build on and further the existing story. Your comment should flow.
4. The story should read as if it was written by one person when read from beginning to end.
5. ALSO, your comment needs to include at least one word of onomatopoeia and one thrown item of food.
NB: Your onomatopoeia must be a word that has not been used already in that story.
Without further ado…
“Clean the fridge,” Mom said in a huff.
“Get rid of all the nasty stuff!”
“Fuzzy, moldy, stinky or green,
throw it all out. Make it all clean.”
Lou and Sam grabbed for their noses.
The interior smelt nothing like roses.
As they dug deeper and deeper,
nary a food was deemed a keeper.
Refuse was piled high to throw out.
Sport then burst in and let out a shout,
“I’m starving! What’s this? Some good eats!”
He thought the waste was delectable treats.
The kids snatched up plates and played keep away.
Sport wouldn’t get sick on their watch today.
But Sport thought he was being had.
Kept from a meal, he soon grew mad.
“Sport, you shouldn’t eat this on a dare!”
Just then a glob WHIZZED through the air.
Tossed towards Lou, but missed by a trace,